Happy Thursday and welcome back!
The article of today is about a hot topic in terms of make-up: the eyeliner application.
The eyeliner is not only a playful tool to add colour to your features and make a statement but also the perfect instrument to reshape your eye.
When choosing an eyeliner, you need to consider different factors that will have an impact on the application process and the result.
There are three basic types of liners:
- Pencil eyeliners are easy to apply, but sometimes they don’t spread as smoothly or thickly as gels.
- Gel liners are matte and can have a good spreadability.
- Liquid liners are used for their precision but can take some time to dry after applying.
Whether you are at the first try or you need a recap, this small guide will help you master your techniques.
As you might know, there are two basic ways to apply eyeliner.
One is to start by making dots along the upper lid and then connecting them afterwards to create a line.
The second way is to simply start in the middle of the upper lid and draw the line outward and finish the upper lid by creating even strokes from the inner corner to the middle.
Here you can find an easy tutorial on how to apply our Long Lasting Liquid Eyeliner.
In any case, it’s always best to start with small lines and strokes, you can always build them up later.
Our final tips to keep in mind if you want to achieve the best results are:
- When you apply the eyeliner try not to pull the skin on the side of you face too much
- Use a cotton swab if you need to clean up the area from imperfections
- You can fix smudges by applying a bit of concealer (try our Moisturising Liquid Concealer)
- You can transform a not so perfect eyeliner application using a small brush to blend the colour (you can try our Detail Eyeshadow Brush)
And remember not to feel bad if you don’t succeed the first time, practice makes perfect!
Have a lovely weekend and come back next week for another article!
SOS Eyeliner: an easy guide for beginners