It’s a truth.
Your face shape can dictate whether that coral lip colour your friend was wearing at the party will look just as good on you or not. You want to make sure that your wearing make-up that will enhance your best features and aspects of your particular face shape, while minimising your less favourite attributes.
To do so, we have created a guide for you with some tricks to use according to your persona. Let’s have a look!
1. Heart shape:
Characteristics: wider forehead and narrow chin
- to draw focus away from your prominent chin and cheekbones
- use feminine, sheer and soft tone
- add a pop of colour on mouth and cheeks to downplay the shaper cheekbones.
- play up cheeks with matte texture blush (try our range of Cream Blush/Lips for a great effect)
- avoid harsh liners, opt for gel or pencil liners that will look less severe (here, our Contour Eye pencil will do the trick)
- soft feminine tones like sheer pinks or reds on lips and cheeks will help soften your face shape (have a look at our range of Sating Lipsticks)
2. Round shape:
Characteristics: forehead and lower face are the same width, prominent cheeks
- to add definition to your face, the ideal make-up could be an overall bronzy look with smoky eyes
- blend bronzer underneath the cheekbones to add cut and definition (what about our Sun Tan Bronzer?)
- use and highlighter on top of your cheekbones to pronounce them and add shape (our Mineral Blush will help you achieve this result)
- add definition to your brows, opting for angular shape to downplay the round shape of your face (try our Brow Pencil)
- create a smoky look using different shades of the same eyeshadow colour (our Eyeshadow Sets have 3 different shades for a 3D look)
3. Square Face:
Characteristics: angular jawbone and hairline
- soften your angular features with a soft, ethereal look with shimmery texture
- blend a rosy-tones cream blush on the apples of your cheeks (Our range of Cream Blush/Lips are perfect for the job)
- try a soft sheer gloss in pretty shades like sheer pinks or coral (have you seen our Liquid Lipgloss??)
- add mascara to add a flirty finish to your face (Fall in love with our Instant Love Mascara)
4. Oval Face:
Characteristics: same-width forehead and lower face with longer sides
- help cut down the length of your face with a rosy or bronzy blush that goes horizontal across the cheeks
- blend a bronzer from the apples of your cheeks toward the temples (again here, our Sun Tan Bronzer)
- line lips before applying gloss or lipstick to define the chin area more (perfect for this are our Contour Lip pencils)
We hope you found this guide helpful but don’t hesitate to ask for more info!
Have a lovely weekend!